Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rock walls & Hell-a-hopters

Our town has their National Night Out on the Saturday before the 1st Tuesday of August (when it is usually Nation wide). It is an event where the Emergency services and military teach kids about their jobs, and educate parents on child safety.

The highlight for Brennen was the Hell-a-hopter. We looked at it twice.

Ash's favorite thing was the climbing wall. She asked us several times in an hour to try. The Soldiers were really inpressed with her...until she ran out of options near the top, and couldn't find a foot hold. They hadn't told her how to get down, and she got spooked. One of the soldiers had to go up and get her down. She was so embarressed, but she wants to go down to the rec center and learn to climb.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Sweet pics on all the posts! Looks like you guys had a very busy weekend and way to go Ash!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Sounds like alot of fun. I'm with Ash, fun till you get to the top with no options but down. I always got scared going down. Looks like she was braver than I ever was at her age. Congrats KIDDO!

Glad you updated your blog, I was wondering if you were doing anything, hehe. Love it when there are new things on the blog to see.

I went to my 30 year class reunion this weekend. That was my excitement.

Emily said...

Yay you finally blogged!! That's cool that the TF temple is open and that the kids got to go. I remember going to the Portand and Medford ones...they are way cool. I'm sure Ash will remember.

See you in 2 days!!!

Lani said...

I loved your pics! awesome job to figure out how to post them. I can't wait for the pics of Disneyland! Love you Mom