So, I know it's been about two months. Lots of stuff to do with the holidays, work, school, and primary...It just kept me hopping. And during my Christmas Break I did alot of nothing but play with the kids, read, and be sick.
Yes I know I'm really boring, but maybe I'll have something to say in the next few days. I not looking forward to going back to school, because I'm getting a new student that spontaneously vomits when he doesn't get his way! If he does it to me, he is going to learn that he might just get it back if he doesn't watch it (my short gag reflex and all).
The most exciting thing that has happened to us was Brennen cutting his head open at church the Sunday before Christmas. He was not being good during sharing time, so I had him in the hall with me. After visiting Nursery to give them the announcements, Brenn decided that he was ready to go back to sharing time, so he was walking ahead of me. The bell for Sunday School had just rung, and he was walking in front of one of the few doors that opens into the hallway. Needless to say,that he walked by at the precise moment that the teacher for that Sunday School class pushed it open. Direct contact. It knocked him clean to the floor. Even before I could make it down to him, blood was gushing out of a wound in his hair. Luckily the Teacher that opened the door, is a pediatrician. So he was applying pressure and carring him clear down the hall way to the bathroom... I was supposed to be in the Primary room doing something, and so I was frazzled because I needed to be with Brenn who was screaming his head off, and five different people were asking me what they needed to do to help. By the time I made it into the bathroom with Brennen, his white shirt was covered in blood (Which he was very upset about. He hates to have wet clothes, just like his mom -I have a few friends that make fun of me for this.) His hair was matted with blood and it was still gushing like head wounds do. I had a complete "Bella" moment. Blood doesn't usually do this to me, but the shear smell of it made me nearly pass out. I had to excuse myself so I wouldn't in the men's room. I guess I was as white as a ghost, because I had a trash can thrust ed at me.
They washed his hair, and he snuggled with my friend LeAnne and took a little nap while they still applied pressure. Brother "Dr." Freeman said it would only require one stitch if we wanted to try (because he didn't have any glue in his office), but said if it was his kid, he would just let it heal naturally. I decided with that route, because I knew if he gave him the shot to numb, that he would never be able to get the needle near Brenn to sew the wound. He'll probably have a scar, but it is so far in the hair line that it won't be noticeable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Next time I want to be notified if my nephew has blood spewing from his head! Poor guy! I would have FREAKED! Easton hit his head the day before we came home and it was SO close to being split open...he just has a big bump and bruise, but I kept thinking how much I would freak out if it would have bled a ton.
Don't think your blogs are boring, I like reading about anything you write.
Oh, and I'm cracking up about the vomiter...that is too funny.
Missed you guys this Christmas, and be sure to tell Ash and Bren that we DIDN'T forget about them!
So sorry to hear about Brennan. Hope he is doing fine now. Ethan split his head open, in his hair line, when he was younger. I just look at it now and have memories to occupy my thoughts during those times when he sits down long enough to be still. Just look at it as a memory!
Most of all I am glad that you blogged. Now if I can do it.......you better start doing it more often too!!!!!!! My life is really boring. The kids will add flavor and spice to each blog, so you better hope that they do exciting things. :-)
Happy New Year! Hope it is all you want it to be and full of fun and satisfaction.
Love ya
Brennen is so tough he wouldn't even let his gramma see his ouchie. Even after he lost the scab he still wouldn't let me touch he head. He'll have to learn to show off he bumps and bruises and badges of "honor"
When did you announce that you were expecting? Congrats, a post would be nice to hear more. How are you feeling?
Post a Comment