Sunday, December 23, 2007

Reindeer, working for the Claus, Love their Hip Hop just because...Christmas Mice... Furanace Strikes

"Winter" break is finally Here!!!! I'm so ready for a break! I swear, the last week was a month.

I got a B in Educational Psych. The tests in that class were killer, but I am soooooooooooo
happy with a B.

Paul's work party was on the 15th. It was mainly an open house for kids. They had Santa, and a clown for the kids to visit with. Brennen wouldn't visit Santa. Shocks of all shocks, Brenn let the clown paint on him, and he wanted a spider. Anytime he saw a spider this summer he would scream. He was so animated about it, that Paul's boss took about 20 pictures of his reactions, and him showing it off. Ashlynn-Marie got a unicorn painted on her cheek. It was cute.

During church last week, or furnace went out. Dad diagnosed the problem with
Uncle Jerry on the cell phone. It was rather comical. I also called our neighbor,
Brother Thor, who use to work for Wells Fargo doing maintenance on the machines.
He couldn't find a part, so we had to wait until Monday for the place in Boise to be open.
It took until 6 pm Monday night to get heat. The kids slept on our floor in sleeping bag piled with blankets. By the time I got to work, I was a frozen Popsicle. I was looking forward to it being warm. No such luck!!!! Our brand new furnace, on our side of our little building, went out. I had on a shirt, a sweater, a zipper hoodie, and a fleece coat and I was still cold. At first, we were told that the store didn't have the part we need. An hour later, we were informed that they had found the part. And 20 minutes before the end of school, we had heat.

Ashlynn-Marie has been on break since Tuesday. They had their Christmas concert. It was really rather cute. They sang a Hip hop reindeer song, and some of the kids did some break dancing.

Ashlynn-Marie came home from school two weeks ago determined to write Santa a letter. It took us nearly two hours for her to copy it. And then it was the long wait for Santa to send a return letter. It finally came Wednesday.

Mom made me open one of my Christmas presents tonight, it is a snowman pull apart cake pan. We tried to make brownies in it but it didn't work. It cute though. Try two tomorrow.
We also made Christmas mice. Ash helped!!! so that explains it all.
Merry Christmas!!
Love you all!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man that totally sucks about the your heat. I don't think I would have survived! Way to go on getting a B in your class...that's way awesome, and I bet you're glad it's over!

Sounds like you guys have been busy...I guess it's that time of year. I wish I could have seen Brennen getting his arm painted, that sounds cool. Thanks for the cute letter from Santa...we loved it!

Have a very Merry Christmas!!!
Love you!

Aimee said...

Busy, Busy, Busy! Well, its 5:30 on Christmas day and we are waiting for you to come over so we can open gifts...so hurry will ya!!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Lara check out Abi's blog it is up and working now.

abigailmcneill.blog.com

She loves Hawaii

Cute pics. love seeing the kids