Sunday, January 27, 2008

BE DEPENDABLE!!!!

There is a gross lack of responsibility, dependability, and accountability in our society right now.
I guess I have so much faith that people will follow through (because that is what I do), that when they don't, it is such a let down. And then I feel out of control, because 5 people just don't show up for Primary, and don't bother to get subs, and I've got 30 plus children that need to be taught the gospel waiting patiently (and some not so patiently) to be taught. And then I have grandparents, (whose grand kids aren't in our ward, but attend every week) are constantly calling the Bishop or his councilors complaining about something in Primary (might I add, that this is the same grandparent who refused a calling as one of my councilors, because I was the president.) People!!

On the other hand, we had a small victory for Brennen and Primary. He actually went to class (we just called his nursery teachers to be the Sunbeam teachers), and was good. Sharing time was another story, but it'll get there..

I'm taking an ED-Technology class. For the most part, I think it will be pretty easy in the applications portion. But I am such a perfectionist when it comes to projects, and how I conceive the projects should look like. I still have one out of the four assignments assigned this week, to do by Wednesday.

I'm also working on a project for the McCall Ward's Young Women, that I'm trying to get done by Tuesday night. Crystal Nay lives up there, and is in the Young Women's. I had just done a large vinyl saying on Heather's bedroom wall, and asked if I would do Princess-Daughter of a Heavenly King boards for their New Beginnings. And since Aimee wants mom and I to skip school and go to the ice sculptor carnival in McCall on Wednesday, it would save someone a trip up there to deliver them!!!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Ice sculpture carnival? Ummm...is that one of those things that is cooler than it sounds???

I can't imagine how hard it would be to be primary president. I have a hard time just being a teacher! I always try to find subs though, I swear!

Abi said...

Skip School!? Aimee is such a bad influence! First she skips school and now is skipping work in her married days...goodness if we all could live as free and happy as she does we would be much happier people...:) Love ya aim!

Aimee said...

I've never been a Primary President, but I have been a dedicated teacher. In our old ward the teacher of the CTR6 class was gone for 3 months and never bothered to get a sub! It was so annoying because they volunteered me on the spot every week! There is a big difference between 6 year olds and 7 year olds, thats the reason they put them in separate classes. Duh, people! But because of that slaking teacher I had to teach to two different understanding levels. Needless to say, it was absolutely frustrating. I feel for ya, Lar.

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aimee said...

And yes, the ice sculpture carnival is way cooler than it sounds! Check out these pics.

http://mccallwintercarnival.com/photo-gallery.php

Emily said...

Don't worry, just kidding. You know me, I'm all about small town carnivals, festivals, parades...you name it! Sounds way cool and I hope the weather cooperates so you guys can go!