Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Blood Tests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So lately I have been having some issues. Well, my sibs tell me I'm always
having issues, but this one is a medical one. All of November and December, I
basically had a constant migraine. And it felt like someone was scrapping the inside
of my pelvis (I know TMI) constantly. It was very uncomfortable for about 5 months.
I finally bit the bullet and went to the Gyno. We talked for quite awhile about my anxieties, fatigue and migraines. So he hasn't ruled out anything yet, but he is leaning towards fibromialga or Mono. One is full of meds, counseling, rehab and physical therapy; and the other I guess you eventually get over. I also had to go get blood work done. He wanted 5 viles worth of blood. The vampire. I HATE NEEDLES! I HATE BLOOD SQUIRTING OUT OF MY ARM! All in all it really didn't hurt. The phlebotomist was really good. It did cause my blood sugar to drop, and I didn't feel well for the rest on the night. So now your all up to date with my goings on.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibromyalgia/DS00079

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, had no idea any of that was going on. We are family, ya know!!

I'm so sorry you have been feeling so bad lately! Fibromialgia is no fun I've heard. I have a few friends who have it. I hope it's not that. I had mono once and it wasn't so cool either, but at least it goes away! Sorry about the blood tests...those are no fun!

Aimee said...

I've never had any blood drawn from my body and I never want to. That doesn't sound like any fun and I'm sorry you haven't felt well lately. If there is anything I can do for you, I'm just a few miles away so let me know!
Love ya

Abi said...

Lara. I'm so sorry that you've been sick. That stinks! I'm also really sad that you are going to WICKED only four days before I get home...tear tear. I hope all is well. Keep us updated! love ya lots!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Sorry to hear about the medical yukies. I hope that all is well and that the doc firgures out what might be wrong. I can feel for the Gyno appointment, I have one this week. After all it is spring break, yeah, I get to get out and away from the store for a little bit.

Hope you are feeling better and life is back to normal. It truely is the pits to be sick.

Glad to have a new post on your blog, how can I keep up with what is going on if you never post!?

Love ya tons,