Sunday, November 2, 2008

Frustrated Incorperated!!!

So who knows this line from a song? Anybody? One brownie point to who ever gets it.
It was the motto of my week when Paul was out of town.

The week Paul was gone to Florida was a little hectic for me...to say the least.
I had a rough draft due for a paper. Each week in the History class I'm taking, someone takes the lead on teaching the discus ion;it happened to be my week. Ashlynn-Marie was student of the week, along with getting special classroom privileges, she also had to do a state report (she drew South Dakota, not only is there not so many interesting things about S.Dakota, all the words associated with the highlights are really hard to say.), and a presentation on herself.
Wednesday, Brennen screamed off and on from 3pm to 1am. He ended up getting a funky toe infection in his right baby toe. I orig anally thought that it was an ingrown toenail, but it wasn't. They think that he damaged his toe some how, it tried to heal itself, but didn't couldn't or wouldn't with out antibiotics (which he is allergic to all of them). They put him on a special med to help fight the infection. The Dr. was really concerned and glad that I had taken him in, and glad that the infection hadn't started traveling through his blood stream. So we soaked it every few hours for several days.

I was origanally going to take a mental health day, but ended up having to take Brenn to the Dr. again for them to check on his toe. Also it was the day for Ash to give her report. With mom's help I finished the kids costumes, because there was a trunk-or-treat/carnival at Ash's school. I was in such a hurry that I locked my keys in the house. My neighbor climbed the roof to Ash's room to get me in the house. Meanwhile Ash was having a fit because we were missing the party. I also was put in charge of a carnival game (the sucker tree) for 1 1/2 hours, and didn't eat of get my kids any dinner, because I was virtually by myself.
Right when we walked in the door, when we got home, Brennen threw up (Sorry for the picture, but It was just such a great climax to my week, NOT!).

Also I had a primary program practice, ward trunk-or-treat, party at a friends, and the Primary Program last week.

To say the least I was glad for that week to be over.

I don't know how single parents do it!!! Gotta hand it to them.

No comments: