Sunday, February 1, 2009

Reflections



Though I have a very strong testimony, I don't often share it. That is not necessarily true, I get to every week to the children in my ward about the gosple principles they are taught in Primary.
For sometime I have wished that I could show in the form of art (for other people to see-perferably in song), my Father in Heaven and elder brother Jesus Christ how much I love them and appreciate all that they have given and still give me. I can sing, and somewhat play the violin. I can't draw or paint. My parents showed us that service is a way of showing praise and love for Heavenly Father and Christ. I guess that is why when I have a calling I pour everything I have, and usually more then I have to give, into it.
Aunt Dietz and Cousin Abi are so comfortable about sharing their testimonies, that I have felt inaddiquet the last couple of months. When it comes to my testimony and spiritual experiences I tend to keep them sacred to me (if that makes sense).
Come Thou Fount has been one of my favorite songs, and when I feel lost and alone, this song helps me to put things into prospective,and is part of my Testimony.

3 comments:

Lani said...

This is also one of my very favorite songs! "...prone to wander, Lord I feel it..." everyday seems bring challenges that draw me away and I have to make a concerted effort to realine my life with the gospel. Some days are easier than other to do that. So I say "...here's my heart now take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above."

Emily said...

Oh those pictures and that song give me chills! I wish it were still in the hymn book...it's so good.

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

I'm with your mom. Everyday seems to be a new renewal opportunity to get myself back on track. I seem to wander a lot in my worldly focused life. I try so hard to not do things wrong, when I should be focused on just doing things right. Sounds so easy!

Thanks for the reminder. I too love that song and the video. I had seen it on another blog too.