Saturday, March 21, 2009

Go Rivercats

Ashlynn-Marie is a Rivercat this year. She is one of two girls on the team. Where she was one of the best on the t-ball team, on this team I think her skills are towards the bottom of the pack. The parents of this team are going to be very competitive, even some of the boys are. It was really cute the very first day of practice, they were out taking batting practice, and one of the boys just smashed it into the outfield (they play on regular sized Babe Ruth fields now), and one of the boys fielding said "We're going to have a very good season!" It was so funny. Ash has been so excited to play, so I hope she has fun and doesn't get discouraged. I also think that her vision is going to be a little bit of a problem this season, especially while she's batting. We'll see...

Paul has made a lateral move at the travel agency. He now is going to be working at the help desk. He has been training for it the last week during the hours that I've been at school, so Brennen has gone to Grandma Shirley's for the week.(Thanks Shirley, it been a big help you keeping Brennen this week.) Brennen has had lots of fun playing with Luke (the little boy Shirley nannies), going to the park, going to the nature park, and helping to bake a cake for Great-Grandma Pat's birthday.(Happy Birthday Grandma!!!)

It's Spring Break and I'm so excited to have a week off. The kids have just been crazy at school, or just plain sick and still coming to school. I told them if they got me sick, and I was sick during Spring Break, I was going to hunt them down and cough on them.:)

My friend Katie, is going to Germany to play Professional Softball. Good Luck Katie, I'll miss you.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Love to All!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Go Rivercats! Can't even wait to sit outside and freeze my butt off at one of her games.

Those boys better be nice to her or I'll give them the what for!

Enjoy your spring break, I miss Steve having those!

Lani said...

What Ash lacks in skills she will make up for with enthusiasm. She will have fun even if they lose. Go Ash!

Brennen does love to cook! I'll bet he was a big help!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Congrats to Ash! I'm with Emily, Go Rivercats! Glad to hear that life is well, also glad that you aren't sick for spring break. Always good to hear whats going on in your life. How goes the pregnancy?

Tell Ash to go get 'em. I'm sure she will give the boys a challenge. Have a great week, I'll be thinking of you lounging around while I am still working each day. Boohoo :-(