Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Like kids in a Candy Store

Paul planned a "Fun" Family Home Evening. He really likes to try "things" when they're brand new. He went to the airport to look around after they had refinished it, and has to go look at every new store or fast food restaurant that comes along. This time it was the new Parkcenter bridge, that has just been completed. Its a nice bridge...:)Boy, how that area has changed in the last few years.
One of Paul's co-workers had been talking about a new candy store, so Paul wanted to try and find it (but he's not so good with directions to places he doesn't know- just ask Steve or Aimee about our Vegas fiasco). Since he couldn't see it right off the road, he kept on driving. He was heading home, and the kids couldn't quite understand why we drove clear to Boise to go over a bridge (we hadn't told them about the candy store). I made him turn around, and go look for it. Since Paul has trial Internet on his phone, we looked it up, and I had seen the road right after we had come off the bridge. The shop (Powell's Sweet Shoppe) was in a new section of town they are trying to make into a little village community, with loft apartments and shops, restaurants, and offices underneath. The area has a quaint feeling to it, and the candy store is so cute (a new favorite adventure for us).




Brennen picked Orange, Black and Green M&M's that he made into a "carrot".


Ash picked old fashioned candy sticks, and pop rocks


Daddy gets in on the fun.

When we were walking in, two girls came up to us and asked how old our kids were, because they were doing a scavenger hunt and needed to give a 5 year old "5". So Brennen gave the girl "5"!


On the way home, Ash wanted Brennen to try her Pop Rocks...very nice of her right.
He put them into his mouth and immediately started whining. He held his mouth open, from the connector all the way home.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Oooo! Candy! I want directions. :)

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I used to love pop rocks. Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!

Lani said...

I love Pop Rocks! Poor Brennen! Didn't they dissolve in his mouth? Do they have CHOCOLATE???

Angie said...

Congrats to Ash this weekend. Good luck with everything...and NO. I can't believe Haddon and Ash are this old. I want to find the rewind button!