Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blogging Up!!!!!!!!

Primary President No More: December 6, 2009
I was released after nearly 3 years as Primary President. I could
literally feel the mantle of Stewardship leave me when my very
dear friend LeAnne was called as the new President.
Sunday's are just not the same anymore. Rather boring during 2nd and 3rd hour,
if you ask me. I'm used to constantly moving, thinking on my feet,
and generally running around looking like a chicken with its head
cut off. LeAnne really got an eye opener her first few weeks (I don't
think she fully grasped when I ranted over the last three years about the chaos 5 teachers just not showing up and not getting a sub can reap). Brennen
sure didn't make it easier for her either. Oh well, he's not the President's
son anymore.
Our new calling, yes a partner calling, is Library.
This last week, during 2nd hour, my friend Ginger, who is still the 2nd
counciler, came and said I needed to come with her right right now.
I thought it was because Brennen was having a fit, but I couldn't hear him.
She ushered my into the Primary room, and all the kids were in there, and they presented me with this cute bag to remember them by.




I want to let my councilors know how much I LOVE and APPRECIATE them:

Kim (who was with me the entire time), thanks for sticking it out. You make me laugh, and were always ready to do anything. I love you lots.

Christine, (who was with me all but the first month and the last six), I cannot express to you the gratitude I have for you for taking care of the cub scouts for so long. Trying to deal with all the drama... Luv Ya

D'jean, who was there for such a short time, but helped keep things smooth while the rest of us got our feet wet with a new calling.

Tina, We miss you girl!!!!!

Ginger, for continue with the scouts so I really only had to hear about the Drama, and you took care of it.

And last but certainly not least Denisse, who was the glue, even when you weren't feeling well.

The next little bit is a joke I was sent... This only scratches the surface of Primary!!!(I Love, and Miss it!!!!!!!)
Enjoy!!!


The following was originally told by a physician in Utah:

I work part-time as a teacher of family doctors. The program provides training on psychiatric disorders and emphasizes the importance of emotional support. . . . One of our interns, who has never lived in Utah and knows nothing about Mormons, is still struggling to understand the cultural climate here. He was interviewing a new patient and stumbled on what he thought was a raging psychosis. Here's a summary of his conversation with the patient.

Doctor: "Well, Mrs. Olsen, we've talked about your high blood pressure and your medications. Are you experiencing any particular stress in your life?"

Patient: "Oh, yes. It's the Sunbeams. They're driving me crazy."

Doctor: "The Sunbeams?"

Patient: "Yes. I've never had trouble with them before, but this group won't sit still. They bounce all over the room, and run out the door and down the hall."

Doctor: (reaching for a pen): "Have you told anyone about this?"

Patient: "Of course. I told the president."

Doctor: "Really! What did the president tell you?"

Patient: "She said Sunbeams are like that. I'm just going to have to learn to deal with them."

Doctor: (concerned that he may be missing something): "I know people who are sensitive to sunbeams. Do they cause you a rash or anything?"

Patient: "A rash? No."

Doctor: "Then what is the biggest problem they're creating?"

Patient: "It's the noise. They just won't quit talking."

Doctor (astonished): "The sunbeams are talking to you?"

Patient: "Well, yes. But mostly they talk to each other."

Doctor (scribbling furiously in the chart): "I see. Can anyone else hear them talking?"

Patient (after a moment of stunned silence): "You're not LDS, are you?......"

3 comments:

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Wow, so many posts! Thanks for catching us up on all your exciting going ons. Congrats on the new calling. You'll adjust soon. New growth and less stress, always a good combination.

Addie is getting so big. She sure looks like her brother. You can tell they are related.

Emily said...

I didn't know you got released! Hopefully library will be a little less stressful for you. That bag is so cute.

Love little Addie!!!! She is so cute, I love it when babies grab their toes! We need to get our babies together again.
I love that Ash plays basketball!!! Again something I didn't know about. You need to keep me better informed of the goings on in your household!!!

Love all the pictures!!

Christine said...

What a sweet gift! You SO deserve it. It was a wild ride in Primary - I wouldn't have changed it for anything. I am so grateful to be your friend! Congrats on your release, and welcome back to the "real" world - where, yes, the 2nd and 3rd hours are unnervingly quiet. See you Sunday!