Monday, June 29, 2009
Primary Activity Day-Trip to the Boise Temple
Saturday didn't go the way I had envisioned it for months. But what ever does. I kept getting phone calls saying that my helpers were cancelling. So we woke up Sat. morning, got the kids in their Church clothes, and drove to the temple. When we got there, there was one other little girl waiting. Shortly their after, my second councilor showed up, and the Bishop and his wife. Another family with two little girls showed up, so we started. We talked about the importance of Temples and memories that we had of the Boise Temple. We were just getting ready to go over to the Temple grounds, when three more families showed up. There had been a traffic jam on the freeway, making it difficult to get to Boise.
When we went over to the Temple grounds, we talked about the special qualities that the Boise Temple has (thanks Uncle Mark!!!-He works for the church in the Boise Temple, and he gave us information sheets for the temple).
I hope the children remember the importance of the Temple when they make decisions in their life. I know for me, being able to watch the temple being built when I was little, saving money for it to be built, being able to go to the open house, and seeing my parents going to the Temple often made a big impact on me and my desire to be able to go to the Temple at an early age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Well I thought you did a marvelous job! We had such a nice time, and the kids really enjoyed it - even Grace! I learned a lot of things from that fact sheet that I didn't know before. Cute pictures too! Thanks for all you do. You know I truly appreciate it. :)
P.S. We need a scrapbook day sometime soon. Are you up for it?
Post a Comment