I was so ready for this summer vacation. Although it seems so surreal. No big event to culminate the end, to what seemed like a very long school year.
Ash isn't out until the 18th, so the boys and I will have the mornings together. Paul's going to work some overtime the next couple of weeks, so he'll be gone all afternoon until his normal time.
Baseball season is over. Ash is bummed, but want to move on to the next activity. It's been a year since her first broken arm, and the tan line of skin that hasn't seen the sun in a year is hilarious. Two more weeks and then the objects with wheel and trampoline restriction is removed. I'm going to need to find some arm pad protectors somewhere, and a Priesthood blessing wouldn't hurt.
Ash and her school mates had their end of year concert on Friday the 5th (Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad).It was patriotic themed, and very good. Ash is quit a bit smaller then the majority of her class, so she was out front and center, but from the back of the Bee Hive (their auditorium)I could only see the top of her head.
Brenn amazed the "girls" at school with his fly catching abilities on the last day of school. They didn't believe he actually had done it, until he transfer ed it to one of their hands. Brennen became enamoured with one of the teachers down the hall towards the end of the year, Lilliana; much to the sergrin of his earlier favorite Ms. Tracy. Lilliana thinks that he is just the cutest, funniest, inventive little boy. She had prep during 7th hour, which is the time Paul would drop him off. He would always have things to show her, and he would con her out of a box, string, or such; and then give her instructions on how to make his latest invention.
Last night we had a huge storm roll through. It was supposed to miss us entirely, but we had an awesome lightning show with some tremendous thunder. It rolled in about 10:30. Brennen had come into our room and was lying on our bed when the thunder started. This thunder was ear splintering and shook the house. Brennen fell asleep with his hands plugging his ears. I wish I would have gotten a picture.
Of course I have a bazillion pictures to upload, and a computer that won't comply.
Love to All
Lara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yes, get Ash some padding for her arms! No more broken bones!!
I'm really glad I wasn't there for that storm. I probably would have cried. No joke.
That was an awesome storm! I'm glad the kids were already asleep though - Jacob thinks our house will get hit by lightning and catch fire. Poor kid!
Nice post. Glad you get to have the summer off. Hope that the padding works, it would be nice to actually see Ash's arm not in a cast or brace. I love Springtime storms!
Post a Comment