They say you should never judge a "book" by its cover, but I always do, and I generally never wrong when it comes to a book. They also say that everyone has an obsession. Well, I would have to say mine is definitely BOOKS. I have a stack of books on my nightstand,and in it's drawers just waiting to be read. I even have a bag full of Library books (who ever invented the concept of the Library is a genius, the guy that invented the Library fine, not so much). (A little shout out to my favorite all time Librarians-Anne Hankins, Judy Gillat, Stella Ivy, and Linda Short.)
I've been thinking about what my favorite book would be (besides the Book of Mormon of course), and I can't pick one... I have to categorize them...
So here goes:
Favorite Infant books:
Hand, Hand fingers Thumb
Good Night Moon
Favorite Toddler books:
Theres a Wocket in my Pocket
I wish I had duck feet
Inside Outside Upside Down
Anything by: Eric Carle & Sandra Boynton
Favorite Picture Books/Young Children:
And Rain Makes Applesauce
Click Clack Moo series
Parts!
Polar Bear Express
Bearstein Books
Verede!
Favorite Young Readers:
Flat Stanley
Soup
Favorite Tween Readers:
Hatchet Series
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Bridge to Terabethea
Favorite Teen Books:
Princess Diary series
Twilight (First Book only)
Harry Potter (All of Them)
To Kill A Mockingbird (LOVE this book)
The Chosen
The Great Gatsby
Favorite Adult Books:
Emeralds and Espionage series by Lyn Gardner
Hearts in Hiding Series by Betsy Brannon Green
O'Mally Family series by Dee Henderson
Gables of Legacy series by Anita Stansfield
My Sister's Keeper
Fireproof
Two Trees
The Miracle
Letters for Emily
The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Counting Stars
Totto-chan
The Thread That Runs so True
My Favorite Authors:
As a Tween:
Judy Blume
Beverly Cleary
As a Teenager:
Chiam Pottock
Mary Higgins Clark
Caroline B. Conney
As Adult:
Jennie Hanson
Lyn Gardner
Dee Henderson
Betsy Brennan Green
Keri Blair
Books that I think would make great movies:
Jennie Hanson Books
Lyn Gardner Books
Dee Henderson Books
Betsy Brannon Green Books
Ender's Game
Books that are better then their counterpart Movie
All of them!!!
I aspire to be an Authoress some day, and hope that one of my books makes it on to someone else's favorites list.
Hit comments and Post your Favorites!!! Please!!! I want to know what other good books I should read. Feed my addiction!!! Not that I'm getting much reading done these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Since we read just about the same books my list wouldn't be much different than yours.
My new obsession is listening to books while I do chores; drive places; sew; work out on my glider; etc. I love being able to multitask! I also love to be read to!!
Some of my favorites: Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde; I really thought about the choices that Dr. Jeckle made and how it affected his life and changed the course of it.
I found A Thousand Splendid Suns very disturbing and The Kite Runner I don't know if I can finish. The author Khaled Hosseini, is an excellent story teller and the problem is that he takes me to Afghanistan and into those peoples' lives and their reality to so disturbing! I picture everything that is happening to them and I am haunted by it! I couldn't live with the trials they go through!
I really enjoyed Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society a book written in letters during and after WWII. It tell the story of the trials from different peoples’ points of view on the island of Guernsey just off England.
I could go on (as you can tell) but I better stop. Love to Read! Love to Listen! I’m amazed at the writing talents of people.
Great post Lara love you!
Some of my favorite
Post a Comment