Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bye Bye Thursday



So I have some issues....
and abandoning an animal you commit ed to, is one of them (this goes back to the LOBO days).

Well 8 years ago, on the day that I called to get Thursday neutered, he started spraying. We were told that he would get better, but he didn't he got progressively worse. He was only allowed in the house to get from the garage to the backyard.

A teacher brought him to school, after he almost was run over by another car near the duck park. So I brought him home to keep Friday company. He was so cute and loving. He was also a good kitten. When we first got him, he used to lay on Paul's chest and suck on his ear. It was so funny.
And then he turned into a stinky Tomcat. :(

So after fighting about it for 8 years, I relented and allowed Paul to take him to the pound. I'm trying not to think about it.
The kids aren't terribly torn up about it. Had it been Friday... We would still have tears. Friday is allowed in the house, and the kids love to smother him with love.
He is getting so old... and we know he is having some issues.

When Friday dies, the kids want to get a puppy and a kitten at the same time, so that they grow up loving each other. The kitten maybe, the dog-I'm not to sure about.
We'll see.
Good Bye Thursday.

No comments: